Disk Detective Talk

We need your opinion

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator

John Debes recently asked: "How do people feel about a leaderboard, or getting a ranking/badge based on the number of classifications? No promises, but some other Zooniverse projects have done similar things. "
    What do you think? we already have two replies from @artman40 and @onetimegolfer.

Posted

• TED91 by TED91 moderator

Sure, why not. Sounds like interesting idea. Count me in.

Posted

• Vinokurov by Vinokurov moderator

May be a good idea.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

It would also be nice to see the amount of total classifications made by people. Just like in Sunspotter project.

Posted

• voyager1682002 by voyager1682002 moderator

I think it's an awesome idea! I totally support it 😃

Posted

• voyager1682002 by voyager1682002 moderator

For me, I prefer a badge.

Posted

• Reyajh by Reyajh in response to artman40's comment.

@.@ ^...Thumbsup*

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

sounds good candidate ( sorry pun ) to me .Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

On a different level and may be just complicating things . Have a list of classifications numbered like , 1/ Good candidate , 2/ AO , 3/ extended , 4 / multiple Etc . Etc. and have the list on the classification page . Then it would save a time in typing . having said that I am not sure if it would work . Cheers , Ian

Posted

• 13lueAngeL by 13lueAngeL translator

Not to be a party-pooper but I've seen plenty of other projects or games or any stakes where the quantity was playing a role and it got corrupted by people just wanting to be #1... Couldn't this happen to DD as well ? It's not the amount of classifications that means anything, it's the amount of GOOD classifications in my perspective... A global count-down seems more appropriate to eliminate any ego-driven individual from that regards, I would concur with Shocko61./ Ian. Not cynical... just cautious.

Posted