Disk Detective Talk

Disk Detective Is Broken (not any longer)

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator

Yes, this is because you have classified all the images uploaded at DD. More images soon 😃 Good Work!

Posted

Hi, this is for the number of classifications you did. We have only about 20,000 subjects up there at a time. But the team is working on pre-processing many more (like half a million). So Marc told us there will be more up there in a week or two.
    Fernanda 😃

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

So there is a large gap between leading and lagging end meaning that there are a lot of objects classifies once or a few times but not enough objects to be classified the desired number of times?

Posted

• lrebull by lrebull scientist, translator, admin

I'm told that a bunch more targets were activated this morning.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

And they're indeed working now.

Posted

Hi everyone! Good news from Marc: 36.000 images uploaded!

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Very nice! Will there be message next time when someone has classified all the available images?

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to artman40's comment.

I'll ask Marc about this.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Another problem emerged: now my classification count stays as 24097 (now it should be more than 1000 more) and numbers aren't added from current session to total amount. Does disk detective still counts those objects as classified by me so I don't get the same objects multiple times?

Posted

yes I saw this, there is a problem with the classifications counter, it's not working

Posted

• biggsjrex by biggsjrex moderator

For the past 24 hours or so, my Disk Detective classifications have not been added to my total. This is also happening with other Zooniverse projects, so it may be a system-wide problem.

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to biggsjrex's comment.

Yes, we are aware of this problem. I know the classifications are recorded with our IPs so I expect to see the real total of objects classified when this is solved 😃

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Another problem: I cannot add the objects into my collections. I wonder if this happened with the problem stated above. This means there are quite a few dozen objects that may be lost unless I sift through my comments. Should I refrain classifying in the meantime?

EDIT: Now the classification counter started cashing in, stopping at 28860 which I think is about right. However, I still cannot add objects to my collections.

Posted

• Vinokurov by Vinokurov moderator

Hi @artman, everything that has been classified and marked to collect is registered, at least in my case. Check it, because me neither appeared to me and then I reviewed and everything is fine.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Ok. Collections are now working as well. Guess that means it's ok to go on and show no mercy to remaining objects!

Posted

Yes, all is working now! "good hunting" @artman40, LOL

Posted

• onetimegolfer by onetimegolfer

@artman 40 quit picking the goodones and leaveing the trash for us to mark for future LOL

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to onetimegolfer's comment.

maybe his secret is the headbanging, did you read his post in the science board?LOL

Posted

• lehensuge by lehensuge

That's it, Quite good 😃

Posted

• jdebes by jdebes scientist, admin

How do people feel about a leaderboard, or getting a ranking/badge based on the number of classifications? No promises, but some other Zooniverse projects have done similar things.

Posted

why not? more fun, we could use it to make challenges 😃

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Pini2013 is probably at the top of that leaderboard although it would be interesting to see if my name is somewhere there too. Was that seafloor explorer project which released a graph with over 50 names?

Posted

Surprise! I am very far behind. There are other "top detectives", like @miltonbosch.
    If the leaderboard is done, I'm sure we 'll see a lot of surprises in the names 😃

Posted

• onetimegolfer by onetimegolfer

74,000,000 is a lot of targets; would be nice to have one named after a diskdetective with more than a million classifications: Im not greedy or jealous ; I might be providing too much info on comment (or type slower) Im amazed how much enjoyment Im getting from this. All I can say is you go Artman40 I got your back LOL

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Another problem emerged: I started to have same images several times in a row more and more frequently again before just not giving me additional objects and now I cannot classify anything at all.

By the way, why are there times when the talk page won't show up like at the moment?

Posted

@artman are you still having problems? (I just saw this)

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Well, it worked fine until the classification counter was approaching 31800 at which point this "classifying the same thing many times" thing appeared again it stopped working again when the counter was just short of 32000.

Posted

I think we have 36.000 objects up, you are near the total uploaded again. I'll ask about this 😃

Posted

@artman40 there will be more images soon 😃 I have left you a message !

Posted