Disk Detective Talk

Classifying the same thing many times

• Artman40 by Artman40

I've noticed that sometimes I have to classify the object I've just classified again. Is it an error or deliberate design? It not only slows the classification down a bit but could also give more biased results.

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator

@artman40 are you correctly logged?
    If you are not logged in, loads the first images you have classified. I also read that each image must be classified at least for 5 users, but not the same user. I'll ask about this 😃

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

I have correctly logged in. Sometimes I have to classify the same object just after I classified it or it happens a few objects apart.

Maybe the project wants to tell me that after 21000+ classifications, it's time to stop.

Posted

• Vinokurov by Vinokurov moderator

Such reflections are of an addict. As soon as you will come " the Zooniverse drug withdrawal".

Posted

• jdebes by jdebes scientist, admin

I've noticed sometimes that it takes a while for the images to load up. So that at first I see the image I worked on previously. If you refresh your browser that usually helps it. And 21k+ classifications, wow!

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to artman40's comment.

No, don't stop! 😃 Just like John said, sometimes the load is very slow
    but, It's strange if this happened a few objects apart...

Posted

• TED91 by TED91 moderator

I just hope that it's random error or coincidence and not a systematic issue. Another project STAR DATE: M83 had a "serious" problem regarding repeated images. The more you had classification, the more images were repeated. At the end some people classified almost every third image more than once.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Looks like refreshing the browser didn't help. Guess I have to find another method. Maybe alphabetical searching.
    By the way, does 21000 classifications mean that I've examined more than 4% of the objects?

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Ok. Now I cannot classify objects at all. I only see the same object. The one used in tutorial.

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to artman40's comment.

I have alerted the science team, and they are already looking at this issue.

Posted

• marckuchner by marckuchner scientist, admin

@artman40 Did I hear a rumor that you have classified 21,000 subjects? Wow!
    In that case, you might have run out of subjects--for the time being.
    We have only about 20,000 subjects up there at a time.
    But we're working on pre-processing many many more (like half a million).
    So there will be more up there in a week or two. Can you hold tight for a bit?

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Alright then. That explains a lot. Sorry for classifying too many things.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Now this project is working for me again.

Posted

• onetimegolfer by onetimegolfer

Question : Would it be possible to replace the cross hair with a circle of the same diameter to be able to see the target better?

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

That's a good idea, especially for high-resolution images.

Posted