Disk Detective Talk

SED

• col281 by col281

I think it would really be a huge help if we could view the SED graph in the Disk Detective screen while classifying the images , I'm sure a lot of people would feel the same way , could this be possible in the future?

Posted

• abans by abans scientist, moderator

Thanks for the input! It is definitely possible, and something we'll be discussing

Posted

• jacedjohnson by jacedjohnson

On the subject of SEDs, I think it would be helpful to have a chart showing what each type of object typically looks like. Some point of reference showing that a quasar SED typically looks like this, a galaxy SED typically looks like this, good candidate SEDs typically look like this, etc.

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator

@jacedjohnson Here is a blog post about SED's images from Luisa http://blog.diskdetective.org/2014/02/01/spectral-energy-distributions-seds/ This will give you an idea of ​​what is sought in the project πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• jacedjohnson by jacedjohnson

Thanks for the info. What I was thinking was more of a guide that will show most common things you would come across, and their SEDs. Not only the "right" SEDs, but also SEDs of objects we aren't looking for. Say an object fits all of the criteria in the flipbook, but the SED matches with something we know not to be a good candidate. It seems more beneficial for sifting through all of these objects to have that information easily available for anyone to use. Thanks again.

Posted

• Reyajh by Reyajh

Sorry I just put a post on this elsewhere not realizing the discussion was mainly here!!

I agree with jacedjohnson.

The blog (and example litterateurs) are good and I'm beginning to understand the subject better, slightly, but they show multiple graph lines in those pictures and don't explain to us which ones relate to what we are seeing in Disk Detective and/or, they just plain look completely different. Just pointing out that as a self taught, very fascinated layman, I was still left with a bewildered, almost completely dumbfounded, Just leave that alone, feeling about the subject, that's all. πŸ˜ƒ
    I would love to see a set of graphical examples. πŸ˜›

Posted

• anoxie by anoxie

http://talk.diskdetective.org/#/boards/BWI0000004/discussions/DWI00005eg

Posted

• Reyajh by Reyajh

Awesome!! Thanks!!! :b

Posted