Disk Detective Talk

I've finally found The Doctor

• AlyasTheGrey by AlyasTheGrey

Seriously though, what the heck is up with HD 132564 in the WISE images?
    Even the DSS and SDSS images on Simbad are really interesting.

Posted

• onetimegolfer by onetimegolfer

Hi AlyasTheGrey , Please allow me to answer your question; this is an interesting DDO (Disk Detective Object). I take it that you have looked at the SIMBAD page and observed that you have 2 objects in the flipbook. One is a star; the other is a "BiC" (Brightest Galaxy in Cluster). The star is your target for this 644q flipbook but because of the galaxy behind it, it would be classified as #multiples therefore contaminated in some or all bands of light. It is the combining of the individual wavelengths of each that produces the image that you see in W4 and would also be described as #extended. Now here is the key to the W4(22um): The star has not moved or changed being round ; that wave length (22um) is more pronounced coming from the galaxy behind the star and dominates the W4 plate. So your entry in comment would be something like: HD 132564 #multiple (because of 2 objects observed inside the red circle) ;#extended (because the light from the galaxy behind contaminates the W3 and W4 plates.) The motion of the star has not caused the elongated shape , but the combining of 22um wave-length of light from both produces the odd shape. Be careful in your use of Aladilite ; (although they tend to show multiples better to me) the FoV setting must be set correct to determine if a second object is inside the circle of the flipbooks. Welcome to DD by the way ; answering your question helps me better understand what I think I know. Phillip

Posted