Disk Detective Talk

Interesting SED

• shocko61 by shocko61

Any Ideas about this SED please . Thank you .Ian

Posted

• TED91 by TED91 moderator in response to shocko61's comment.

Hi Ian,
    It's most likely AGN, maybe even some blend.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61 in response to TED91's comment.

Hi TED91 , I could not decide the blend you mention ,might have thrown me off the track . Thank you very much I learn something new every day . Cheers ,Ian

Posted

• anoxie by anoxie

It raises another question: like most qso/agn this one appears round (maybe slightly irregular as usual) in SDSS/2MASS but extended and irregular in WISE.

Is it an artifact from background noise or outer gas of the galaxy?

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

HI anoxie , I also see it move about a little on the red-cross , I just looked at Allwise IM Multi-Color image and there appears to be a lot of stuff like dust in the background . Cheers . Ian

Posted

• anoxie by anoxie

I think it's ok, at WISE 4 the signal is well above background noise. I'd vote for an agn, no blend, but since we've been looking at agn for months, i was wondering whether a member of the science team had an explanation for the irregular patterns in WISE bands, noise vs actual extension of the gas.

Posted

• Shigeru by Shigeru moderator

I also agree, my vote goes for AGN 😃

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi anoxie , some of the SEDs are difficult to say the least and the WISE bands are just as complicated . Thankyou very much . Cheers ,Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi Shigeru , thank you I will get the hang of it . there is a fair bit for me to learn but I am getting there . Slowly 😃 Cheers , Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61 in response to anoxie's comment.

HI anoxie in regards to back ground noise and dust , lately I have had a lot of cirrus in the images is that the same as dust or something I am about to learn about ? And sorry , people for being so slow to respond to you . Cheers

Posted