Disk Detective Talk

Strange SED

• shocko61 by shocko61

the SED seems strange but I found in VizieR an SDSS listing

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

there are three write-ups on this heading because the write-ups that I did kept disappearing like they did not register ,when I went to my profile they had registered / not sure what happened . Ian

Posted

• TED91 by TED91 moderator

This is a star (maybe even YSO). There is probably also some contamination by background objects and interstellar dust as you can see in WISE images

SDSS Image

enter image description here

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi TED91 , yes I thought may be YSO , I see a few things close in . Thankyou . How do I find these images WISE ,SDSS I have seen some in Aladinlite but not all the time . So I would like to be able to get these images as this image is very helpful .Please, If you can help me , I would be very grateful ? thankyou very much for your help . Cheers .Ian

Posted

• TED91 by TED91 moderator in response to shocko61's comment.

No problem Ian. It's very easy. Just open VizieR, then insert coordinates, choose radius and click on "go!" button.

Then just scroll down until you find these results and click on those image links.

Just keep in mind that WISE images are available for all DD objects, but SDSS images just for some of them.

Posted

• anoxie by anoxie

There is a clear contamination at WISE 3-4.

This SED is strange actually. There is a missmatch between the 2MASS and the WISE data. Is it really from a WISE 1-2 excess and a circumstellar disk?

Is there any kind of follow up for these embedded sources?

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61 in response to anoxie's comment.

HI anoxie , And having had a second look ,I see multiples in DSS Blue and up to 2MASS K .

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61 in response to TED91's comment.

HI TED91, Thank you very much , understood . I am having a ball enjoying this project ,always something new . Cheers ,Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61 in response to TED91's comment.

sorry for being late responding to you people .

Posted