Disk Detective Talk

#Planetary Nebular ?

• shocko61 by shocko61

I am not sure if I read Aladin correctly ? and it is the first time I have seen a SED like this and the image in Aladin is showing a lot of what I think are dust clouds . And listed are3 other objects in Aladin . The more I do of this project the more I love it . Cheers , Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

#SED suggests a Planetary Nebular #Aladin ,SDSS 2MASS J00505814-7307567 #Multiple . I forgot to enter the details under the images Video :=(

Posted

• voyager1682002 by voyager1682002 moderator

In SIMBAD - there are 4 sources within the radius of 0.2 arcmin, click on the first one - 2MASS J00505814-7307567 -- Emission-line Star, scroll down to see the 1st reference
    Early-stage young stellar objects in the Small Magellanic Cloud http://fr.arxiv.org/pdf/1210.5193v1 It is a YSO candidate http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR-5?-ref=VIZ552898ed9e71&-out.add=.&-source=J/MNRAS/439/2211/tablea1&recno=60

Posted

• TED91 by TED91 moderator

This one is indeed YSO according to (ROBITAILLE+, 2013).

About the SED. It looks different than usual SED for YSO because this object is located in the Small Magellanic Cloud. That's pretty crowded place, therefore the SED is most likely contaminated by another objects.

Posted

• anoxie by anoxie in response to TED91's comment.

I don't think so, the issue is not contamination.

AWI0000o8e has a usual SED for a Class I YSO.

"Contamination" should be more precisely described in the talk pages of DD (see contamination disambiguation), otherwise it is an easy way out when you see something weird/interesting.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi voyager1682002 , that is for me to get it right I must be doing something right Yay lol 😃

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi TED91 , Thankyou for your help . Ian 😃

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi anoxie , thank you for the information I think I am a little bit the wiser . Cheers , Ian 😃

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Thank you I did scroll down and learnt lot thank you all very much ,Ian 😃

Posted