Disk Detective Talk

Aladin Color photo

• onetimegolfer by onetimegolfer

Looking at the photo in Aladin explain the photo of the target in the color prespective. Red,brown Blue combination :all parts of same target or redshift due to distance from observer or not at all? I have noticed that all bodies are about the same in photo

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to onetimegolfer's comment.

Several objects in the image (multiple). They are colored in ALADIN but can also be seen in WISE.

Posted

• onetimegolfer by onetimegolfer in response to Pini2013's comment.

taking only the target in to consideration ; what does the arraignment of the colors tell us; light refraction caused by the telescope, possibly? red farther away than blue?

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to onetimegolfer's comment.

Go here: http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/java/AladinManual6.pdf for example page 65 and see the RGB colour image builder. It's about how you can process the image in ALADIN, that is why you can see it in colors.
    If you use ALADIN you must read this manual.

Tell me what you think 😉

Posted

I think I will get back to you in about a: hmmm; a month lol thanks

Posted

Did not take that long; The gray pixels are colored into a blend for true object color; red green blue over hangs are the result of shades of gray of the object. The more the pixels the less over hang of grays LOL

Posted

One week. Great!!! LOL

Posted