Disk Detective Talk

What are neutrinos ? Do they anyhow affect us or the Earth ?

• Garlandiana by Garlandiana

What are neutrinos ? And moreover , do they anyhow affect us or the Earth ? What are they made up of and are they related to dark matter in any way ?

Posted

C'mon , someone please tell me , I'm really curious !!!!

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to Garlandiana's comment.

Hi Garlandiana! I'm not from the science team, just another user, but I can let you a link about this https://icecube.wisc.edu/info/neutrinos, and a nice article http://io9.com/what-are-neutrinos-and-how-do-they-come-from-beyond-ou-513336033, also there is a lot of information on internet Regards 😃

Posted

Thanks a ton for your help Pini2013 !

Posted

Hey wait ! Pini2013 , that is ...... are you Fernanda from Argentina , who joined last year ?

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to Garlandiana's comment.

Yes I am 😉

Posted

So I was right , you mentioned that in the discussion board labelled as ' Hello to all Disk Detectives ! ' . 😃

Posted

Fernanda , how did you become a moderator ?

Posted

Hi Garlandiana. I was selected by the science team and they invited me to collaborate, nice experience! 😉

Posted

How can I be selected ?

Posted

• Haian by Haian

Neutrinos fill the universe and a huge number of them pass up every second without any reaction with us. some of neutrinos come form the cor of our star (the sun) and the others are cosmic. The researchers from CERN announced that neutrinos can move with a speed more than c (300 000 km/s). You can read this article: Measurement of the neutrino velocity with the OPERA detector in the CNGS beam .

Posted

Thanks for the info 😉 !

Posted