Disk Detective Talk

Object Type

• shocko61 by shocko61

I went into VizieR and AladinLite and got information but I am still unable to find out what the object is Star, Galaxy ETC.ETC. May be it is in the coding in the tables or I need to click something to get another page got to Aladinlite and had the same co-ordinates , and a table at the bottom of the page and the image was like a star but I was not sure enough to say so . Sed looks like a YSO or Galaxy but cannot say what it is . Any help please . Ian

Posted

• onetimegolfer by onetimegolfer

Just as a comment to your question and not an answer: I have looked in VSX nothing; and NED (shows a galaxy at 1.01 arc minutes off of target : too far off) nothing. SDSS nothing ; ALADIN (seems the object is located in a nebula) BANYAN : has this as P_OLD @ 100% but does not mean it is ; it could be listed as such due to lack of info. SED: does look as it were a yso IMAGES: W3 and W4 are extended which actually disqualifies this object. A thought came to mind : Is this object forming or being torn apart? mmmm

Posted

• Shigeru by Shigeru moderator

Good question Philips, I give it a quick looks a seems like a star, in DSS of IRSA Finder Chart can even almost see a second object behind at 12 o'clock.

But don't worry @shocko61 , most surely it's a star but extended in W3 and W4 like that with a huge cirrus that object just go in the "not good because extended" pile 😃

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61 in response to onetimegolfer's comment.

Hi Phillip , I looked in NED and came to the same conclusion too far away . What I did not think about was your last statement . thank you for your help . I have a lot more to think about and that is good . Cheers ,Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61 in response to Shigeru's comment.

Hi Shigeru , yes it is not good and a lot of extension . I was also thinking that the outer images may have been part of a Triple system . the extension was always going to make for no good , but as I keep saying I am too curious and can only find out things by asking , even if the object is no good . I only hope I do not drive you people mad answering my questions . And I thankyou very much for your help . Cheers , Ian 😃

Posted