Disk Detective Talk

Clearify Vizier & SED

• onetimegolfer by onetimegolfer

As shown there is #noAO in SIMBAD but biggsjrex stated that it was listed in Vizier as AGN (how is any object classified in Vizier) what info tells me this? And looking at this object in Aladin I find the SED there and the SED here do not match. Whats up with this.

Posted

• biggsjrex by biggsjrex moderator

If you search VizieR for an object by its name or by coordinates, VizieR provides a list of publications in its database in which the object appears. In this case, this object appears in a publication called "AGN candidates from the WISE, 2MASS, RASS (W2R) (Edelson+, 2012)". All VizieR entries include the line ReadMe+ftp; click on it, and it provides a short summery of the paper. In brief, these authors used a statistics program to mine WISE, 2MASS and RASS data to identify potential AGNs. As for the SEDs not matching, I would check to see if the two graphs are using the same scale and the same set of wavelength points

Posted

Excellent; thank-you biggsjrex ; Vizier has been for some reason has been a mystery to me to use.

Posted

http://www.astro.umontreal.ca/~malo/banyan.php?radeg=92.92476270&pmra=3.00&pmdec=-9.10&hrv=NaN&plx=NaN&submit=Submit&dec=20.56093810&epmra=6.30&epmdec=6.10&ehrv=NaN&eplx=NaN&targetname=+92.9247605+20.5609279 With this ;what does it tell us about this object?

Posted