Disk Detective Talk

Good Candidate/Two Stars In Close Proximity?

• Reyajh by Reyajh

I'm trying to understand what I'm seeing here. It appears to me a good candidate in the center. Except in the WISE 4 image where it extends outside the circle. But in all the other images that part/area appears clearly as a separate object just outside the circle, to the right. My thinking is that it's a good candidate, possibly 2 stars in close proximity?

Posted

• voyager1682002 by voyager1682002 moderator in response to Reyajh's comment.

Hi @Reyajh,

I won't consider this a good candidate because in WISE 3 we can see that the target object is contaminated by a nearby bright object. You can choose "Extended beyond circle in WISE images" Also, by looking at the SED graph, it may be a galaxy. Check out this: http://talk.diskdetective.org/#/boards/BWI0000004/discussions/DWI00005eg?page=2&comment_id=54996aa99cd11842560002c5 for more examples of non-star SED graphs.

Posted

• Reyajh by Reyajh

Thanks so much.. I found the guide or tutorial to be difficult to understand, especially the part on the SED data, so I really appreciate the added info on it. Want my time and contributions to be as beneficial as possible 😃

Posted

• voyager1682002 by voyager1682002 moderator in response to Reyajh's comment.

I am glad it helps! 😃

Posted