Disk Detective Talk

The Objects

• BradleyMarleau by BradleyMarleau

Hello, I am new to Disk Detective, and while I am trying to absorb as much information as possible to make the best decisions while classifying, there are rather frequent anomalous cases such as this one that make it difficult to decide:

http://talk.diskdetective.org/#/subjects/AWI0002rgp

In this case, I would like to assume that the object is obstructed from optical detection in the DSS. This, to me, would mean that the object is still a good candidate; it was only not visible with DSS measurements. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to BradleyMarleau's comment.

Hi BradleyMarleu

Sometimes we classify the object as a good candidate even though it is not visible in DSS, like in your example.
    In this case the problem is the other object in the circle. We tag this as #multiple.

Welcome to Disk Detective 😉
    Fernanda

Posted

• BradleyMarleau by BradleyMarleau in response to Pini2013's comment.

I see! Thank you very much for this information. In fact, the multiplicity of objects is probably the most confusing aspect to me at this point in time. For example, I believe that the DSS IR shot of this image demonstrates that it should also be tagged as #multiple:

http://talk.diskdetective.org/#/subjects/AWI0004vwy

If I am incorrect in this assertion I would love to learn why! Having my questions answered so quickly as you did above is something I deeply appreciate. Thanks again! 😃

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to BradleyMarleau's comment.

You are welcome.
    We need only one object in the circle for the project also not contaminated with other near objects . Sometimes they are mixed so is not so easy, we tag this as #blended. You can search in VIZIER with the object ID, to know more about this target.

I like your comments in the objects. Other users are also adding their opinions, this helps at first.

Posted