Disk Detective Talk

Young stellar object candidate.

• Artman40 by Artman40

Apparently, AWI0000zqw is one of these. I've seen such objects before (although they were in Small Magellanic cloud). Its SED diagram looks unusual. Is SIMBAD right or not or is this due to contamination? Most of all, is it a good candidate?

Posted

• WizardHowl by WizardHowl

Simbad shows the spectrum is classified as A2e, which means emission lines have been observed in the spectrum. Clicking on the link to the paper next to the spectral classification leads to 2009BaltA..18....1C which gives the spectrum and some discussion for this star. There is very strong H alpha emission and this star is confirmed as a Young Stellar Object (YSO) class I. I'm not familiar with classifications of YSOs but for one to be an A star means it's much hotter and more massive than our Sun and A2e is also the earliest spectral type of any of the stars studied in the paper. A very good candidate!

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

What causes so much excess infrared for these objects? More than normal circumstellar disks...

http://talk.diskdetective.org/#/subjects/AWI00021on

Does this object belong to the same category?

Posted

• jdebes by jdebes scientist, admin

Both look good. If the IR is much brighter than shorter wavelengths it could be contamination, or it could be that the star is partially obscured by it's disk--this is a pretty interesting one!

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Are error bars at longer wavelengths an indication if it's a contamination or a disk?

Posted