Disk Detective Talk

Wise extended image

• col281 by col281

Hi There

New to this so i have a quick question , Does this count as extended outside of the red circle or does it only count if the main bright body extends out side the circle , thanks

Posted

• jdebes by jdebes scientist, admin

I think this still would be ok--we're looking for something where the whitish part is extending beyond that red circle or it looks obviously oblong.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

I noticed that when I found one nebula (according to SIMBAD and its 30+ scientific papers), it was perfectly in a circle. However, it was in Small Magellanic Cloud so that might be why it managed to fit nicely.

Posted

• col281 by col281

thanks then just one quick question , i can only view the sed and simbad info if the image is here in the zooniverse talk , on the disk detective there is no button to change views between the image , the sed and the simbad link , is this normal?

Posted

• lehensuge by lehensuge

Yes, it's the same for me: Leaving the SED informations and coming back to the picture to finish the study....it's a new picture!

Posted

• abans by abans scientist, moderator

For now we only have the additional linkage to the SED and SIMBAD info available on the discuss/TALK pages. Are you feeling that the SED would be helpful as part of the main classification page too? If so, give us your comments here:

http://talk.diskdetective.org/#/boards/BWI0000005

Posted

• lehensuge by lehensuge in response to abans's comment.

I would say definitely Yes.!
    It can be a good help , especially when shapes are not too round !!! Star, galaxy and so on.
    This curve Energy vs Lamda..could the point which makes up my mind to keep this object as favourite.
    Sure, other fellows have also good reasons!
    Au revoir !

Posted

• col281 by col281

i deffinately think so , it seems relatively simple to understand the sed graphs , especially once you have look at the examples given in the talk about what a good sed graph looks like , it would be a big plus.

Posted