Disk Detective Talk

Zooncon 2014

• johnfairweather by johnfairweather

I was in Oxford over last weekend and heard your talk.

Maybe, if a rogue planet with a large excess of IR is found, then that might be a K1 civilization.

Posted

• TED91 by TED91 moderator

Btw. Any chance that record from Zoocon will appear on youtube or somewhere else? I know that Meg Schwamb uploaded on youtube news from the Red Planet, but I couldn't find the rest from the Zoocon.

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to TED91's comment.

No,I don't think. They weren't recording the event.
    It wasn't online for the public, just the tweets

Marc presentation was great and very funny 😃
    Maybe he can upload his presentation in the blog, we can ask him to do this. 😃

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to johnfairweather's comment.

Hi John
    This is the most ambitious goal of the project, if you can find other civilizations!
    Help us reach to this second phase of the project
    I hope to see you here 😃

Posted

I have posted elsewhere, about the aims of this project and have written a letter to the BIS, in the hope of getting people involved.
    (I wonder if Geoff Macy will be involved?)

I did hope ZooCon 14 would have been webcast, similarly to a conference I attended the previous week (which was webcast by www.batc.org.uk), but there were problems in doing this. Maybe the Portsmouth conference in September, will be.

Posted

Details on the Portsmouth one - http://talk.galaxyzoo.org/#/boards/BGZ0000002/discussions/DGZ0000uqy

Posted

• Pini2013 by Pini2013 translator, moderator in response to johnfairweather's comment.

Thanks for your help John 😉

Yes, it would be good if we had a webcast for this conference in September.
    Our users from other countries may attend this way

Posted

• johnfairweather by johnfairweather in response to Pini2013's comment.

In the latest issue of "New Scientist", there is an article on the G-HAT project (Glimpsing Heat from Alien Technologies) - extracting data from WISE might find some examples, some have been found.

Posted

Thanks John!
    here is the link: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22329831.600-spot-ets-waste-heat-for-chance-to-find-alien-life.html#.U_o3wrxdUpI

Posted